The Grand Slam Walk – Malahide Rugby Club to Greystones Rugby Club
A great event to raise funds for seriously injured rugby players. The Grand Slam Walk commences at 6am from Malahide Rugby Club and will take you on a beautiful walk to Greystones Rugby Club.
Sunday 26th August 2018
58.7kms (36 miles)
Malahide Rugby Club to Sutton Cross (13.1km)
- Turn right outside Malahide Rugby Club along Estuary Road, heading towards Malahide
- Turn left onto Old Yellow Walls Road
- Continue up to crossroads (traffic lights)
- Turn left onto Caves Strand, heading towards the Estuary
- Veer right at Malahide Yacht Club, and continue along The Haven and into Strand Street.
- Follow the pathway behind the Sailing Club & Tennis Club to link up with the Coast Road.
- Continue on the Coast Road all the way through Portmarnock.
- Turn left a small roundabout at the end of Portmarnock, heading towards Baldoyle.
- No footpath for 1km so care is needed
- In Baldoyle village, veer left onto Strand Road heading towards Sutton.
- Suttonians Rugby Club on right (toilets available)
- Continue up to Sutton Cross
Sutton Cross to East Link (11.5km)
- Turn right at Sutton Cross onto Coast Road
- Continue on Coast Road towards Clontarf
- Pass by the Old Wooden Bridge at Dollymount
- Pass Clontarf Sailing Club (toilets available)
- Veer left at Clontarf Garda Station onto Alfie Byrne Road, heading towards East Wall
- At end of Alfie Byrne Road, turn left onto East Wall Road
- At T junction at end of road, turn right to continue on East Wall Road
- Continue on East Wall Road, pass the 3 Arena, and over the East Link bridge
- Welcome to the South Side!
East Link to Dún Laoghaire (10.5km)
- Continue along the toll road, passing by Poolbeg Yacht Club (toilets available) to the roundabout
- Take the 3rd exit onto Sean Moore Road
- At end, turn left onto Beach Road/Strand Road passing by Sandymount Beach
- At level crossing, turn left onto Merrion Road, towards Blackrock
- Continue past Blackrock Park
- Turn left onto Rock Hill towards Blackrock village
- At Bank of Ireland on left side, veer left onto Main Street
- Continue straight on Main Street to join Newtown Avenue
- Veer right at end and then immediately left onto Seapoint Avenue
- Continue straight on Seapoint Avenue, onto Crofton Road, Dun Laoghaire
Dún Laoghaire to Dalkey (3.4km)
- With Dun Laoghaire harbour on left, continue straight onto Queen’s Road heading towards Sandycove
- Continue straight onto Windsor Terrace, passing by Teddy’s Ice Cream on your right
- Continue straight onto Marine Parade, and straight onto Otranto Place
- Turn left at T junction onto Sandycove Avenue West
- (Public toilets in this area)
- Follow this pathway, veering right onto Sandycove Avenue North and straight to end
- Veer right again onto Sandycove Avenue East
- Continue straight down to T junction and turn left onto Breffni Road
- Take the first turn left, signposted Bullock Harbour / Coast Road.
- You are now on Harbour Road
- Continue on Harbour Road
- At crossroads, continue straight onto Leslie Avenue
- At T junction you meet Coliemore Road in Dalkey
- (stop available here for break/toilet etc)
Dalkey to Shankill (6.5km)
- Turn left onto Coliemore Road and stay on coast
- Continue to end and at T junction, turn right to stay on Coliemore Road
- Then turn left onto Vico Road
- At fork in road, veer left to stay on Vico Road
- At second fork, keep left and downhill onto Strathmore Road, heading towards Killiney Dart Station
- Road veers left and then right, with railway tracks on your left
- (Public toilets on right)
- Continue straight past Killiney Dart Station on Station Road
- At crossroads (bridge on left), continue straight onto Seafield Road
- At T junction at end on Seafield Road, turn left onto Killiney Hill Road
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Shanganagh Road / R119
- Continue straight on Shanganagh Road / R119 to roundabout
- At roundabout, take the 2nd exit to stay on R119 – Dublin Road towards Shankill
Shankill to Bray (5.7km)
- Continue straight through Shankill on R119 to roundabout
- At roundabout take the 1st exit onto R761 towards Bray
- Pass Lidl on left
- Continue straight on R761 towards Town Centre
- Cross over the bridge (river) and turn immediately left onto Seapoint Road
- Continue all the way to end of Seapoint Road and onto Bray Promenade
- Continue straight along Bray Promenade to the end, heading towards the Bray-Greystones Cliff Walk
- Veer left up the hill and onto the Bray-Greystones Cliff Walk
Bray to Greystones Rugby Club, via Cliff Walk (8km)
- Continue on Bray-Greystones Cliff Walk to Victoria Road (Beach House Pub) at Greystones
- With the Beach House on your right, turn right onto Trafalgar Road
- At the Baker’s Table, veer right over the railway bridge onto La Touche Place
- Turn left at T junction onto Church Road towards Greystones village
- Continue straight through village, passing by Greystones Dart Station on your left.
- Continue straight onto Mill Road
- At roundabout, take the 2nd exit to stay on Mill Road, R762
- 230m beyond roundabout – welcome to Greystones Rugby Club on your left!
Look out for updates and news on the Grand Slam Walk by following us on facebook.
All proceeds go to helping seriously injured rugby players – thank you for your support.